If you are planning to get a pet in your home, you might have planned each and everything according to the needs of your little furry friend. You must have informed your family and friends about the arrival date. You might have purchased all the required accessories for him. You must be stocked up with all the necessary food items and grocery for your little fur buddy. Most importantly you might have fixed an appointment with veterinarian also if you have not purchased from him.
Finally, the day has arrived and you are super-excited to pick your buddy from his old house. After picking him up, as you arrived at your doorstep, every member of your home welcome warmly the little fur-baby with their heart filled with excitement. Everyone wants to love and caressed him, but the little fur-baby is not familiar with everyone and might be frightening to every other touch. So, here are a few points which we want to tell you to make your fur-baby friendly with the new environment. These are the important things you need to follow to ensure that your pet is healthy and happy with you!
- Be prepared: – You must prepare yourself in advance to eliminate the errors while taking care of your new pet. You can search on Google about different caring and discipline techniques. You can research about what food to give, which brand is good for health and nutrition for your furry buddy. What all you need to change before he is at home! Where he should sleep. Your family must be well informed about your decision of bringing a pet at home.
- Shop for the basics: – You will need a lot of thing for your fur-baby. All his needs from food to shelter have to fulfill by you only. You must need a leash, collar, a bed, and food. You must need separate bowls for water and food. We want to make you ready with all the necessary items that you will require after bringing your pet at home. One most important thing which you will require is Tag, you must wear his identification tag, if in any case your pet is lost then it will help your new buddy to get home easily.
- Introduce your new buddy to all the family members and your close friends: – To make your new pet familiar with all the members and your friends, introduce him one by one with all of them. Ask them to spend ample time with him to make him comfortable in their company. He might feel insecure and uncomfortable with them in starting, but slowly and steadily will get to know each one of them. You must make sure that he must not be stressed in any way.
- Help him to adjust slowly and steadily: – Getting familiar with his new house, living area, feeding area, and a new family will take some time. These all new things and environment might give him stress and upset him. But you must help him in smooth adjustment. Ask your friends and close family not to rush instantly. Rather you can do a small get together or party after few days of your pet at home. This way he might be comfortable with you, your in-house family and his new place.
- Establish a schedule for feeding and walking & stick to your routine: – You must understand his feeding and walking routines and try to use the same keywords for the particular task every day. You must try to take him to walk at the same time daily and try to feed him on same time daily. This type of routine setup will surely help him to feel secure and like home.